Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) Tamil Nadu conducts the Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TNTET). Candidates who qualify this test will be considered eligible for Primary and Upper Primary Level teacher posts in the state of Tamil Nadu. TNTET has two papers, Paper 1 (for classes I – V) and Paper 2 (for classes VI-VIII). Two papers have different eligibility criteria and syllabus. All successful candidates in this TET are provided with a TNTET certificate of marks, scores obtained in the exam remain valid for seven years.
TNTET Eligibility 2020
As per the eligibility standards defined by the Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB), given below is a brief for the same:
Age Limit: The age of the applicant should not be less than 18 years and should not exceed 40 years. There will be age relaxation as per the Govt. rules and regulations as well.
Education Qualification: It will vary as per the paper opted viz.
For Paper 1:
- B.Ed in Nursery Teacher Training of 2 years BTC in Urdu and BTC/ Diploma in Teacher Education / Diploma in Elementary Education from a Recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET, if you want to apply for Secondary Grade Teacher for classes I to V.
- Candidates who are appearing for D.E.Ed/B.Ed degree are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are visually impaired are not eligible to write Paper I.
For Paper 2:
- B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Lit. degree with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography as major subjects from a recognized university under 10+2+3 pattern and B.Ed from a recognized university if you are applying for graduate teacher.
- Candidates with B.Lit. (Tamil) degree should possess either B.Ed. or D.T.Ed. or TPT.
TNTET Application Form 2020
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria have to apply for TNTET 2020 at trb.tn.nic.in. The registration can be done in online mode only.
Step 1: Visit the official portal of TNTET.
Step 2: Select which paper you want to apply for (Paper 1/ Paper 2/ Both).
Step 3: Enter the required details (Personal, Academic and other details).
TNTET Hall Ticket 2020
The Board will issue the hall tickets for TNTET 2020 in June 2020. The document will be available via online mode only. Steps to download TNTET 2020 Admit Card are given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website – trb.tn.nic.in.
Step 2: Select the exam name i.e. TNTET 2020.
Step 3: From the drop-down menu select ‘TNTET 2020 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket’ link.
Step 4: Read the instructions provided and then select ‘Download e-Hall Ticket’ tab.
Step 5: Save and download the same for future correspondence.